Housing FAQ's


 What can I do if I do not get enough heat in my apartment?

First, contact your superintendent, landlord or management company.  If there is no response, you may then contact the Village Building Department at (516) 482-4500 to verify a violation has occurred.  Heating should be maintained at 70F (three feet from the window, 5 feet up from the floor) when the outside temperature is below 55F.